Americans Read this article: California students sent home for wearing American flag t-shirts
Excuse me! What is this country coming to where we American citizens have to respect another country’s holiday and not show our own patriotism? 5 children from a high school in Morgan Hills, CA (Live Oak High School) were told to either turn their t-shirts inside out for the rest of the day or go home resulting in suspensions because, get this they were wearing t-shirts with the American flag on it. They were told that the day (May 5) was Cinco De Mayo, a Mexican holiday and that they needed to not show their patriotism towards their own country on that day because it might offend the Mexicans who were celebrating their own holiday. The boys refused and were sent home with suspensions, GOOD FOR YOU BOYS!!!!
Um if I am not mistaken, last time I checked Cinco De Mayo is not a national holiday here in the United States of America. If I recall it is a Mexican holiday celebrated in Mexico for their win in a war against the French. This is utter bullshit that we as American citizens have to now honor and respect other country’s holidays and embrace them as our own. I say to hell with the other country’s holidays, if you want us to respect yours, RESPECT OURS DAMN IT!
Thanks to the district of this High School the students were allowed to return to school the next day, stating that it is not a district policy to forbid a student from wearing an American flag t-shirt on ANY day. The boys returned wearing, guess what, t-shirts with American flags on them, GOOD FOR YOU BOYS!!!!
To teach the principal (white man) and vice-principal (Mexican) to never do this again, send them an e-mail in regards to your disgust in their lack of patriotism and lack of good judgement. I already have.
Stand up America and fight for OUR country, not someone else’s country!
- California Judge OKs Ban of American Flag for ‘Cinco de Mayo’ (sfcmac.wordpress.com)
- “Cinco De Mayo” Another Day To Be Anti-American (neosecularist.com)
- You: Court: School can ban American flag shirts on Cinco de Mayo (washingtonpost.com)
- Activist Federal Judge Rules That California School Can Prevent Students From Displaying American Flags During Cinco De Mayo (thedaleygator.wordpress.com)
- Fed Judge: Calif. School Was Right to Forbid Students’ American Flag T-Shirts on Cinco de Mayo (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Judge Says School Can Ban American Flag Shirts (radio.foxnews.com)
- Judge: Morgan Hill school could order removal of flag clothes (mercurynews.com)