This article could not come at a more perfect time for me, right after my last blog for 2012 New Year’s Resolutions for America and its’ citizens in regards of freedom of speech.
It’s the latest craze! Move over planking, owling and horsemaning (or whatever you call it), here comes Tebowing! The stupid phenomenon where Tim Tebow honestly thinks that his savior Jesus Christ helped him throw a touchdown or run the ball into the end zone. I am somewhat religious, but in no way shape or form do I believe for one iota of a second that Jesus took time out of his busy day to come down and hold Tebows’ hand and help him throw a TD pass to a receiver that knows or believes that Tebow through the ball and the receiver used HIS hands to catch the ball and run it in for a TD. Or that Jesus put his feet into Tebows’ feet and ran for some huge yardage into the end zone. I have been watching football, well ever since I can remember liking football, 30 some odd years, and I have never seen a more commercialized action of praising another entity in winning at something, then I have with Tim Tebow.
Bill Maher, an atheist, was purely poking fun of the belief that an unseen entity can be the sole reason someone failed at something. And, if you read between the lines he is stating the obvious that since Tim Tebow did not perform to his magical super ways, does that mean Tebow blamed the devil for his misfortune? No Tebow did not. Why is it that when someone does great they thank Jesus Christ for it, but when they fail you do not hear a word about Jesus Christ whatsoever. And now Christians, I am sorry in my belief one of the worst religious organizations there is (because there are some crazy ass Christians, mostly born again) is calling for a boycott of the Bill Maher show. Excuse me this is America, Bill Maher has every right to say what he wants about a religious entity. For one, he is atheist, he does not believe in God or Jesus Christ, and two he has the freedom to give his opinion on his views. Whats next, do you want him to apologize for what he said, if so shame on you for expecting him to do so. What Bill Maher did was not blasphemy if he doesn’t believe in god or jesus christ you idiots.
Oh and by the way, you wacky Christians you, think about this, you are calling for a boycott of someone who has a cable network show and speaks his mind. Do you think for a second that everyone in America is going to suddenly turn their backs on his show? Hell fucking no, you just gave a very good reason for more people to tune in and hear what he has to say, so HBO should be thanking you all and expecting a huge increase in viewership soon.
- Bill Maher’s Crude Tebow Tweet Causes Backlash (lezgetreal.com)
- Bill Maher’s Crude Tebow Tweet Causes Backlash (pinkbananaworld.com)
- Bill Maher on Tim Tebow: Effed by Jesus! (thehollywoodgossip.com)
- A case of Blasphemy by Bill Maher. Why do people hate Jesus so much? What can we do? (pastormikesays.wordpress.com)
- Some Call for HBO Boycott in Wake of Bill Maher’s Derisive Tweet About Tim Tebow – Fox News (foxnews.com)
- Bill Maher’s Tim Tebow Tweet Sparks Outrage (blippitt.com)
- Bill Maher slammed for controversial Tim Tebow tweet (offthebench.nbcsports.com)
- Bill Maher taking heat for Tebow tweet (popwatch.ew.com)
- You: Anti-Tim Tebow Tweet by Bill Maher Causes Big Backlash (sportsviews.com)
- Bill Maher’s Tim Tebow Tweet Upsets Conservatives (celebs.gather.com)
- Bill Maher’s Tweet About Tim Tebow Not Worth Firestorm (bleacherreport.com)
- Fox’s Andy Levy On Bill Maher’s Tebow ‘Joke’: ‘Who Cares?’ (mediaite.com)
- Bill Maher’s Controversial Tebow Tweet Sparks HBO Boycott Calls (inquisitr.com)
- Christianity vs. Bill Maher (woodgatesview.com)
- Bill Maher’s Christmas Eve ‘Jesus F**ked Tim Tebow’ ‘Satan Is Tebowing’ Tweet Stirs Outrage (mediaite.com)
- Ripping on Tim Tebow (mojoey.blogspot.com)